Available Instruments in the Department:
Apart from the equipments available for routine evaluation of glaucoma (Applanation tonometer, 3 and 4 mirror gonioscopes, 90 D stereoscopic evaluation of the disc), other specialized equipments include:
- Perkins handheld Applanation tonometer.
- Koeppe direct gonioscopes (for pediatric angle assessment).
- Humphrey visual field analyzer.
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Anterior Segment OCT.
- Ultrasound Biomicroscopy (UBM).
- Fundus photography unit (for stereoscopic disc photography).
- OUTPATIENT ACTIVITIES:
- Routine screening for glaucoma patients (Applanation Tonometry, Gonioscopic Angle Evaluation, Optic Disc Evaluation with 90 D).
- Visual field Analysis.
- Gonioscopic and Disc photography – wherever necessary.
- Management of common and rare glaucoma entities including pediatric glaucomas.
- Cross consultations from other departments include complicated and post surgical glaucomas (such as post penetrating keratoplasty, post vitreo-retinal surgeries, post uveitic, post traumatic) and their management.
- MINOR OPD PROCEDURES:
- Nd: YAG peripheral Iridotomy.
- Argon Laser Suturelysis.
- Postoperative 5-Flurouracil injections.
- External trabeculotomy and/or trabeculectomy for congenital glaucomas.
- Combined cataract and glaucoma filtering surgery including phacoemulsification.
- Trabeculectomy with use of antimetabolites.
- Filtering surgeries with vitreoretinal surgeries (along with the retinal surgeons).
- Filtering surgeries with cornea surgeries.
- Aqueous drainage (Ahmed Glaucoma Valve) implant.
- Surgery for complications following filtering procedures include.
- AC reformation + choroidal drainage.
- Needling of blebs.
- Revision of blebs.
- Management of over filtering and leaking blebs.
- Cataract surgery (ECCE or Phacoemulsification) in post filter situations.
- Evaluation under anaesthesia for pediatric glaucomas.
- Diode cyclophotocoagulation.
- EDUCATIONAL & RESEARCH ACTIVITIES:
- Conducting CMEs.
- Antiglaucoma drug trials.
Fully equipped Glaucoma Clinic offers wide range of Diagnostic and Therapeutic modalities for Glaucoma.
- THE SERVICES OFFERED INCLUDE:
- Accurate Tonometry instrumentation like Goldman Applanation Tonometer, perkins tonometer, i. care No Anaestasia Tonometer and Non Contact Tonometer. – To measure the Intraocular pressure.
- Humphrey Perimeter for visual field examination.
- Topcon fondues Photography for optic disc documentation by color and Red free photographs.
- Optic disc imaging and Retinal nerve fiber layer analysis by optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Nd-Yag Laser facility for Yag Laser Iridotomy.
- Glaucoma Surgeries like Trabeculectomy and combined procedure of Cataract Surgery and Trabeculectomy.
- Cyclo destructive procedures like Cyclocryopexy and Trans scleral cyclo photo coagulation.