DOT – Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology
Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology is approved course from Government of Karnataka affiliated to Para Medical Board, Bangalore in 2011-12. Academic year commenced 2012-13 year. Eligibility:
- SSLC based 3 years course.
- PUC II Science based 2 years course.
Benefits of Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology course:
|Year ||Subject ||Marks|
|DOT 1st Year||Physics, Chemistry Biology & English||100 marks each|
|DOT 2nd Year||Paper I & Paper II (Theory + Practical), Log Book assessment||Total 500 marks|
|DOT 3rd / Final Year||Paper I & Paper II (Theory + Practical), Log Book assessment||Total 500 marks|
- The completed person can get appointed as Ophthalmic Technologist in various Govt. & Private Eye Hospitals.
- They can also appointed as Ophthalmic Assistant in Eye Hospitals for the assistance during the Eye Surgeries.
- They can open own ophthalmic (Spects / glass) shop.
- They can also appointed as Sales Marketing Officer for many Medical and Diagnostic Equipments, Reagents, Medicines, and etc.
- This course is approved for the ophthalmic technologist job in Govt. and Private sectors throughout the India.
- This course is also approved for the ophthalmic technologist Job in abroad.
Teaching Faculty Details
|SL NO.||Name of Faculty||Designation|
|1||Dr R Krishnaprasad||Principal|
|2||Dr Deepti S Joshi||Faculty|
Teaching Staff Details
|1||Nagaraj B Kurandwad||DOT Admin Asst.|
|2||Virupaxappa C A||Accountant|