Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
We consider you a partner in your hospital care. When you are well-informed, participate in treatment decisions, and communicate openly with your doctor and other health professionals, you help make your care as effective as possible. This hospital encourages respect for the personal preferences and values of each individual.
While You are a Patient in the hospital, your rights include the following:
- You have the right to considerate, respectful and safe care.
- You have the right to be well informed about your eye care illness, possible treatments, likely outcomes and unexpected outcomes and to discuss this information with your doctor. You have the right to know the names and roles of people treating you.
- You have the right to express your special preferences, spiritual & cultural needs if any when we treat you.
- You have the right to consent to or refuse a treatment, as permitted by law, throughout your hospital stay. If you refuse a recommended treatment, you will receive other needed and available care with your consent.
- You have the right to be informed before anesthesia and any high risk procedures/treatment with an informed consent
- You have the right to privacy. The hospital, your doctor and others caring for you will protect your privacy as much as possible.
- You have the right to expect that medical records are confidential unless you have given permission to release information or reporting is required or permitted by law. When the hospital releases records to others, such as insurers, it emphasizes that the records are confidential.
- You have the right to review your medical records based on the receipt of the information request and to have the information explained, except when restricted by law.
- You have the right to know about hospital rules that affect you and your treatment and about charges and payment methods.
- You have the right to be free from all forms of abuse or harassment.
- You have the right to voice your complaint/grievances to our authorities. To voice a complaint /grievances, Contact PRO, on +91 702 291 0303.
You have responsibilities as a patient:
- You are responsible for providing information about your health, including past illnesses, hospital stays, and use of medicine. You are responsible for asking questions when you do not understand information or instructions. If you believe you can’t follow through with your treatment, you are responsible for telling your doctor.
- This hospital works to provide eye care efficiently and fairly to all patients and the community. You and your visitors are responsible for being considerate of the needs of other patients, staff, and the hospital. You are responsible for providing information for insurance and for working with the hospital to arrange payment, when needed.
- You hold responsibility for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow the eye care team’s instructions
- You see that your bills are paid as promptly as possible; following hospital rules and regulations.
- You are responsible to maintain the cleanliness of the hospital.
- Your eye health depends not just on your hospital care but, in the long term, on the decisions you make in your daily life for your visual outcome. You are responsible for recognizing the effect of life-style on your personal health.
- A hospital serves many purposes. Hospitals work to improve people’s health; treat people with injury and disease; educate doctors, health professionals, patients, and community members; and improve understanding of health and disease. In carrying out these activities, this institution works to respect your values and dignity.