Tired of wearing glasses or contact lenses?
Broken frames, replacing lenses making you sick?
These will all be familiar to the regular glasses wearers. Fortunately, we’re at a stage in vision correction technology where we can rid nearly every patient of the need to wear glasses.
If you’re really tired of wearing glasses, you may wonder if LASIK Eye Surgery is right for you.
In general, LASIK (Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis) is an outpatient refractive surgery procedure used to treat myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), wavefront abnormalities.
Benefits of LASIK Eye surgery
- No longer need glasses or contact lenses.
- A proven vision correction method – Research indicates that 96% of patients achieve their desired vision after LASIK treatment.
- No stitches required.
- Rapid results – Visual recovery is full in 24-48 hours.
- Painless treatment.
- Clarity of vision.
- Quick procedure.
- If necessary, further adjustments can be made years down the line to correct vision.
Various tests are done before Lasik/Customized Lasik
- Spectacle power assessment.
- Corneal topography using Orbscan IIz / Pentacam to assess the corneal thickness & curvature.
- Aberrometry using Wavescan for customized Lasik.
- Peripheral retinal examination after dilating the pupillary aperture of the eye.
The tests are mostly done on the day of the procedure. The entire preoperative assessment process may take about 1-2 hours.
The ideal time to perform Lasik Eye Surgery
At M.M Joshi Eye Institute we cater to refractive surgery needs for varied individuals by providing LASIK, TranPRK and Femto LASIK. We also perform ICL or IPCL surgery for very high refractive errors where a lens is placed in front of the normal crystalline lens.
It is important to ensure that your eyes are healthy, stable, and other conditions are met to ensure you are eligible for corrective refractive eye surgery.
The ideal time for surgery is considered when the following criteria are met:
- Stable glass prescription for the past 1 year.
- Age of more than 21
- No history of use of soft contact lens In the past 1 week and no use in the past 2 weeks for a rigid contact lens
- No active eye disease
- No history of eye rubbing
- There is no maximum age limit. However everyone needs reading glasses by their mid-40s. This is known as presbyopia. Presbyopia is a natural change in the lens inside of the eye and is not influenced by refractive surgery. Thus refractive surgery will give spectacle free life for distance vision. Elderly patients will require near vision glasses after 40.
If you’d like to find out if now this would be a good time for you to have Laser Eye Surgery with M.M.Joshi Eye Institute | Book an appointment with us, leave us a comment or give us a call us on +91 (836) 2228222