Contact lenses will make you feel free from wearing eyeglasses or reading glasses. It is popular enough for the reason of being invisible while wearing to correct vision. It gives other advantages such as anti-fogging.
Benefits of wearing contact lens
- It gives you an Improved Vision because the lens will be placed directly on your eye cornea so wherever you wish to see you will get a seamless view compared to glasses
- Gives you Wider Visual Access than Eyeglasses. Since it is applied directly on the cornea
- Feeling Of Normalcy, you can go out for a play, swim and do your favourite activities without any obstacles of wearing something on your face all the time.
How Contact lens work?
As contact lenses are placed directly on cornea it increases or decreases the focusing potential of the cornea, and thereby directly projects light onto the retina and aids in treating refractive errors. As there is no much distance between the lens and cornea; contact lens makes light to project with much more efficiently than eyeglasses.
Tips for first-time contact lens wearers
- No need to worry: There are many people who worry about scratching their eyes and get hurt while putting their lenses. Worse, they think that lens will get stuck behind their eye. Initially, it will be difficult in removing lenses and it might make you feel nervous at first. There is no need to be afraid of touching your eye if your hands are clean. And it won’t possibly go back-side of your eyelids.
- Do not neglect cleaning. You need to follow instructions as per your doctor on the specific lens care regime that is advised to keep the lens clean. Your lens should be replaced once every 3 months. There are disposable contact lenses that are also available in the market, you can discuss with your doctor for more details.
- Stay hydrated: It is important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Especially for those who spend a lot of their working time on the computer or exposed to dry air, heating or air conditioning. Often use eye drops to benefit. Talk to your doctor about eye drops to keep your eyes hydrated.
- Always follow doctor’s instructions and recommendations: Use products that are suggested by your eye doctor. Don’t even look for any alternate lens care brands without bringing it to your doctor’s notice.
- Adhere to the prescribed wearing: Don’t write your own rules when you are new to using contact lenses. Follow the scheduled duration of wearing it as prescribed by your doctor. Do not wear lenses for more time than advised. If you are specifically prescribed wear lenses continuous, you should never sleep in your contacts.
It will take some time to adapt with new contact lenses. It might take a week to get used to contact lenses and be confident to handle. Contact lenses surely will become a valued part of your life.